Table of Contents
- 1 1. Heated Foot Bath from Brookstone
- 2 2. All in one foot spa bath massager from Kendal MS0810M
- 3 3. All in one foot spa bath massager from Kendal MS0809M
- 4 4. All in one foot spa bath massager from Kendal FBD1023
- 5 5. All in one foot spa bath massager from Kendal FBD720
- 6 Health Benefits of heated foot spa machines:
- 7 Tips on how to use a heated foot bath:
- 8 How to choose the best foot spa bath for you:
- 9 Conclusion:
Foot spa machines or foot baths have shown many benefits for feet health and wellness as well as extended results on the overall body and mind well-being. Few of the foot spa benefits include blood circulation improvement, stress relief, feet and body relaxation, feet pain relief and sleep enhancement through relaxation.
On top of all the health benefits that using a heated foot spa machine can bring, there’s also the beauty ones : the skin on your feet will be smooth and glowy after the heated foot spa session. Feet are often a pretty neglected part of the body because people fail to understand the importance they have, but they are indeed an important and crucial part of the body as they hold us all day long and their bhealth has a serious impact on some vital functions.
We have been browsing the net and going through people’s experiences (and our own) in order to provide you with the best foot spa baths machines available in order to achieve the above stated results of wellness.
This article is meant to simplify your researches, make you save time and pick the most suitable foot spa machine for your needs.
Also, for your convenience, we have included recap chart of the machines with their main characteristics.
1. Heated Foot Bath from Brookstone
This heated foot spa from Brookstone is our favorite: nothing will feel better than plunging your tired feet after a long a day in this fabulous foot spa machine complete with rotating water jets to direct the flow where you want (manually adjustable) and bubble massage that you can customise with different level of intensity and this will help you create the perfect massage for your needs, whether you are just chilling in front of the TV and want a little massage or after an exhausting day on your feet and you feel like going for something more intense. For this very purpose, the two rolling nodes will be great if you like or need further pressure, they are optional and you can just pop them in on each side of the unit.
In summertime, a cool/chilly water will help you revive your feet and blood circulation and during the colder days, this device will be able to quickly reach 115F° and maintain this temperature so that you can enjoy the heat, massage and relaxation without the need to add up hot water during your session.
Also, it can accommodate feet up to men’s size 14: very roomy and comfortable.
With this foot bath also comes a removable pumice stone that will help you to get rid of dry skin and calluses. Once the feet soaked in the bath and the skin is tender, rub gently the pumice stone against the rough patches on your feet to eliminate them. When the pumice stone exfoliation is completed you’ll have relaxed and silky-smooth feet. To ease up the finishing process, there’s a very convenient built-in water drain to facilitate the evacuation of the water without creating a mess around.
2. All in one foot spa bath massager from Kendal MS0810M
This all-in-one foot spa massager is a great comprehensive machine as it offers heated water, rolling massage wheels, bubble massage, vibration massage and, of course, water jets. That is a lot of welcomed features in this type of devices and we wish we were able to chose which one to enable or not, however, you will need to choose between three different predefined settings according to the type of treatment you want to enjoy: it includes “vibration+light”, “heat+bubbles” or the full package “heat+bubbles+vibration+light”.
It has also massaging nodules along the floor of the spa for foot massage but they are removable so that you can decide whether to use them or not; some people like strong pressure and for some others it’s painful, indeed the inserts have a quite sharp design and the plastic material is really rigid; somehow, there are also rolling heads on the top of the unit, in the middle, to complete some heel massage if needed. Feet up to men’s size 14 can fit in this device but there won’t be much room left afterwards.
3. All in one foot spa bath massager from Kendal MS0809M
Let’s start the review by a very useful feature of this foot spa bath: it has four rolling wheels to help carry it around when it’s full (many people tend to forget that it’s not an easy task to lift and carry it when it’s loaded with several litres of water) and it also has a draining tube, it can be handy to empty the appliance without making a mess but it can be a bit slow due to the size of the tube.
Like the previous Kendal appliance this foot spa bath also has three pre-programmed settings to choose from: Heat+bubbles, Vibration+light, Vibration+heat+bubbles+light and again heat+bubbles (no difference between the two H+B settings though). We are sure you’ll be able to find your preferred heated foot spa option among those ones.
A really nice function if you know and enjoy the benefits of reflexology is the ergonomic setting of the massage nodules that are meant massage your feet and have a collateral beneficial effect on specific zones of your body.
The basin is wide and deep, which is nice to be able to soak up your feet fully, have some spare room and not to splash the surrounding area.
4. All in one foot spa bath massager from Kendal FBD1023
High-end technology product: this appliance offers the regular features of foot spa baths, i.e. rolling massage wheels (including the calves area), heated water, bubble massage and also waterfall and wave massage, adjustable temperature (only celsius), digital temperature and time control and blowing hot air function in order to dry your feet once you finished!
We would not know where to start to describe this fantastic unit: there two manual rollers for the calves against which you simply rub your calves and two motorized rollers at the bottom of the unit that you can activate through the button “roller” on the dashboard. The temperature can be adjusted from 20°c to 48°c and there are leds on the bottom of the unit that act as safety control: blue when the temperature is less than 42°c and they turn red when it goes over (you can, though, really set up accurate temperature and control it). There’s an herb container for you to add your favourite herbal or floral notes (roses, jasmine, eucalyptus and so on..) and a pumice stone to finish by smoothing up your feet. This unit has a really unique feature: a built-in hot air function to dry feet after use by placing them on the platform.
Also it is a pretty deep device, which means you will enjoy water above your ankles but this also leads to narrowness that some might find uncomfortable. The four lockable rollers will help you get it around if it gets too heavy; it also has a handle to carry it around but it’s short for an average size adult.
This foot spa bath from Kendal is really nice but it can come a bit pricey and that’s why we did not rank it higher, however, if you have a larger budget, it’s worth to try. It fits up to a men’s size 16.
+ Very deep
+ Adjustable temperature with light indicator
+ Waterfall function
+ Foot rest section
+ Hot air drying function
– The price
– Motorised rollers are not recommended for sensitive feet
– Short draining tube
5. All in one foot spa bath massager from Kendal FBD720
This appliance from Kendal is the simpler version of the previous, but just as nice: you’ll be also enjoying a nice foot spa bath with ergonomic setting of the nodules, adjustable heated water, water waves, high frequency vibration and bubble massage. However, you won’t benefit from the calves massage and feet platform where you can dry them out and the hot air blowing function itself. The rollers are not motorized and you need to rub your feet back and forth to create a deeper massage sensation but you can also remove them if you don’t want them in. There is also a herbal diffuser to help you create nice atmosphere for yourself with some custom picked fragrances.
The bubble massage is nice and gentle and will suit the most delicate feet and sensitive skins. Combined with the heat (up to 48°c), it will totally allow you to enjoy a good moment of relaxation. It is also a bit deeper than the average foot spa. A nice treat for your feet that will get the job done and get you relaxed as well. It fits up to men’s size 14.
Health Benefits of heated foot spa machines:
- Improves blood circulation: just like a massage, through the soft touch of water on your calves and feet, your blood flow and circulation is activated. It can be of a great help for people with poor blood circulation or for the ones who tend to have “heavy” legs at the end of the day.
- Relaxation: enjoy the heat, the wavy sensation and smooth massage in the comfort of your home. Having such a relaxing treatment done on the feet level will help a general sensation of relaxation.
- Regulates body temperature: according to when you are using this machine, you can decide to whether to use the heat in your heated foot spa or not. It can help cool down or heat up.
- Reduce pain: the bubble massage and waves will help to ease out the pain on aching feet. Some will even prefer a heated foot bath rather than a hand massage because it is more gentle for the ones who have soft, tender and sensitive feet.
- Relieves stress: it is well known that using a heated foot spa will help you breathe out, relax and break free from your daily tensions.
- Helps with insomnia: because of the relaxation state and stress-relief we spoke about in the above points, indulging into a heated foot spa session will help you to fall asleep more easily and sleep better and we all know how a regular and restorative sleep is important for your general well-being and health
Tips on how to use a heated foot bath:
- Is there a stifling heat outside and you can barely lift your feet from the ground? have a cooling foot spa massage with waves, bubbles and waterfall of water : you will feel like new and your legs will feel lighter. Just like finishing a shower with a cold water jet on your calves will help you feeling re-energized.
- On the other hand, when it’s cold outside, have a warm relaxing heated foot bath: this will help to spread the heat to all of your body and regulate your body temperature.
- Do not abuse of the heat: just like all the good things, if you use a hot water for too long on your feet it can cause negative effects like tenderness. Remember that the feet are also fragile and need to be protected.
- If you are planning a pampering session after your relaxing heated foot bath experience (pedicure, callus removal, moisturizing etc..), have all what you need next to you: there’s nothing more annoying than settling down, being in the middle of a very nice me-time and realising that something is missing.
- When the model allows so, use relaxing oils and salts (lavender for example): the delicate smell will be diffused all over the place and will touch also your olfactory senses, which will stimulate even deeper functions and will help you to be totally relaxed physically and mentally.
- Do you have a garden, some flowers and do not mind using one for your spa session? use some petals (a handful) and put them in the water: we would suggest to do this with nicely scented flowers such as roses or lilies : not only it will give your heated foot bath machine a really nice look but it will also release a delicate perfume that you will definitely enjoy. Also note that you can, for instance, use mint leaves for a more invigorating smell and action.
How to choose the best foot spa bath for you:
Anybody can benefit from using a heated foot spa bath or machine. It has a lot of health and wellbeing benefits. Whether you use it to help aching feet, to recover after intense activity or simply to indulge in a nice and relaxing session, it is an investment often questioned by the first-time purchasers : is it worth? is it a nice product ? will it really benefit me ? etc.. So here are few question you need to answer before deciding the level of investment you want to do (the question is not really whether you should invest or not at all, as in any case, having a heated foot spa at home is always a good idea) :
- What am I looking for ? It’s important to understand your needs and see the level help this can bring to your everyday life: if you are a waiter, teacher, patrolling officer or do any profession that requires standing on your feet most of the time, you will indeed benefit from having a nice heated foot spa massager to relax after a long day.
- How many times will I use it ? This devices are nice and useful; only if you use them! If you can do it on a regular basis, that’s the best : 2-3 times a week according to your needs. One time a week/ once every second week is also ok for just the “relaxing and pampering” session. If you think you will “play” with it a little bit and leave it in the storage room for half a year, maybe you should consider to do homemade foot baths (but you won’t enjoy the bubbles and massage provided by these machines).
- Do I have a particular problem I am trying to solve ? If you think you have a clinical condition you are trying to help thanks to a heated foot bath, first ask advise to your specialist; specially if you suffer from diabetes or neuropathy. If your problem regards poor blood circulation, aching or swelling feet, foot spa can be really helpful used on its own or as a complement to an electric foot massager, another must-have at home that will help you in many ways and make you save money and time.
- How much should I invest ? According to your answers to all the previous questions, you should now be able to determine if you should opt for simple device or a high-end one. They start from as little as 26.99 USD and can cost up to 229 USD + for the fancy ones. Up to you to see how often you will use this device and how beneficial it can be you and decide the budget you are willing to invest.
We hope this article helped to have an overview of the best foot spa baths that are out there.
We took into consideration different criteria such as heat function/massage rollers/water jets/size to realise this ranking of the 5 Best Foot Spa Machines 2017.
The price and popularity were also a major factor considered for this guideline on how to choose the most suitable appliance for your needs. These are in the category “value for money”: nice blend of technology for an affordable price.
The Brookstone Heated Aqua-Jet Foot Spa is indeed the top of what you can get as a foot spa massage: it’s very good quality, it’s wide, adjustable to your wishes/needs, has a whirlpool functions and will insure the continous wellness and beauty of your feet.