Table of Contents
- 1 1. Homedics FMS-270H Deep Kneading Shiatsu Electric Foot Massager
- 2 2. Orion Motor Tech Shiatsu Kneading Rolling Electric Foot Massager
- 3 3. Brookstone 839379 Shiatsu Electric Foot Massager with Heat
- 4 4. uComfy Shiatsu Electric Foot Massager with Heat
- 5 5. Medi-Rub Electric Foot Massager 2000 Plus
- 6 The main questions you should ask yourself before getting an electric foot massager are:
- 7 Get familiar with the features when considering to purchase one:
- 8 Conclusion:
Who does not appreciate a relaxing foot massage delivered with loved after a long day ? Many. But who has a doting partner on hand gifted with massage talent? Few. That’s why the industry invented the electric foot massager!
The electric foot massager often looks like device where two obvious spaces for the feet are visible or “ball-like” and you will see two gaps to insert the feet. In any case, those devices are pretty modern and combine a nice blend of technology. Out of the below list, only the Medi-Rub (and MediMassage) look like a flat platform where the feet are not circled by the massaging heads and nodes. Most of them are equipped with heat function which will help you to perfect your relaxation moment.
Most people would benefit from an automatic foot massager but some category of people will see the benefits of these devices even more : the ones who have a work where they stand most of the time (waiters, teachers, tour guides etc…), sporty people with activities that require a lot of pressure on the feet (running, basketball, football etc..) and people with bad blood circulation.
Using an electric foot massager on a regular basis can help to ease the pain, soothe the sore muscles, revive blood circulation and participate to a general wellness experience. Here are America’s 5 most popular models:
1. Homedics FMS-270H Deep Kneading Shiatsu Electric Foot Massager
This electric foot massager is meant to deliver a shiatsu-style massage; you will be delighted. If you are not familiar with Shiatsu, it’s a Japanese massage and in Japanese it means “finger pressure”. It will provide with a deep relaxing massage thanks to its three rotating heads per foot that are aiming to the different key part of the foot: the heel, midsole and forefront. There are also 18 massaging nodes to give you a deep kneading foot massage and the heat option will perfect the shiatsu massage experience.
This automatic foot massager is also really user-friendly as it’s extremely simple to operate and you won’t even need to bend down to use it as it has a convenient toe-touch control: you press first time to power on the device, a second time to start the heat and third time to switch it off. It’s indeed a foot massager with heat, but as you understand from the use of the power button the heat is optional which is great if you are simply in need of a massage and do not want to the heat; also when the heat mode is on this electric foot massager will get a quite singular look as red lights will turn on on the rotating head and it’s going to look quite futuristic but cool indeed. It’s a great home foot massager but we regret that you can’t adjust the massage speed and thus we wouldn’t really recommend this device to people with fragile feet, diabetes or neuropathy, unless they check with their doctor first.
HoMedics is a brand specialized in home massage products that help you relax and de-stress, so you can surely trust that this electric foot massager has been thoroughly elaborated for your needs and it is one of America’s most popular home foot massager.
Product summary :
+ Affordable : if you just want to enjoy a simple foot massage at home, this device will please everyone and even the low-budget households
+ Heat: fantastic feature to get you relaxed
+ Shiatsu massage: the device really targets the key points of your foot : forefront, arch and heel
+ Toe-touch control : convenient and easy to operate
– Customization: it’s not possible to customize the massage
– Timing: no timer available, you need to check the time and make sure you don’t abuse the benefits of this electric foot massager
– Not suitable for people with sensitive feet or feet problems
2. Orion Motor Tech Shiatsu Kneading Rolling Electric Foot Massager
The aspect of this electric foot massager is very high tech and it seems almost a little bit futurist just as well as attractive with its shiny burgundy color : a classic. It also states that it provides shiatsu-style massage targeting the key points of your feet for a precise massage. You can choose between three different programs that will focus on a particular foot area (the toes, the plantar arch and the sole of the foot). The intensity level (four available) can also be easily controlled through the control panel for an intense yet smooth massage. If you had one of those days when even the idea of bending down to the the control panel is making you feeling lazy this electric foot massager comes with a remote control. We also love the fact that for improved hygiene the velours fabric part where your feet lie is detachable so you will be able to easily clean it.
This device is clearly a high-level home foot massager and we love the level of customization that you can get from it, because not all of us have the same needs or are sensitive to the same stimulus. It’s really easy to use and will accommodate most feet sizes comfortably for a nice massage session. The remote control is really handy as there are many functions and you can be tempted quickly to switch between them. This kneading and rolling electric foot massager is a beneficial device to have at home but bear in mind that it does not have a heat function and it’s maybe the only little “minus” that we can mention.
Product summary :
+ Customization : four automated programs, you can target a specific area and you can adjust the speed. It’s as if you were giving instructions to your home foot massager
+ Removable fabric: easy to wash in order to keep your foot massager clean
+ Reach : you place your feet in the device and it will cover almost all of your foot (except the very top)
– Heat: the cherry on the cake. The massage itself is sufficient to get you relaxed, relieve pain and bring you health benefits but sometimes you want the little extra coziness that the heat provides.
– Timer: not available
3. Brookstone 839379 Shiatsu Electric Foot Massager with Heat
Sit back, relax and enjoy the two main features of this electric foot massager from Brookstone : deep kneading massage rollers and air compression; this will help you to experience a spa-like massage session. Air compression is a really gentle way to deliver a seamless massage that will wrap up your feet without compressing it excessively, this also means that the massage can reach literally every area of your feet (which is not possible on flat home foot massagers or the ones that cover the bottom and the side of the feet only).
Heat option is available to help you relax and enjoy the benefits of your massage even more. The intensity levels of the massage are customisable to adapt them to your needs and wishes. Also this device has three pre-configured auto-massage programs : soothe, pulse and energize. Each of these programs will have a specific action and target a particular need that you are looking to fulfill. This electric foot massager is probably the one of the classiest looking foot massager with heat on the market: it has sober looks, black leather like surface, dark grey feet insertions and the panel control lightens up discretely with blue lights (red for heat) when in function.
With its round shape it will surely provide a comprehensive foot massage and cover all the areas. For practical reasons, a convenient handle has been placed on the top of the unit to help carry it around, and by the foot entrance area, you can also detach the fabric part to wash it and keep it clean and fresh. All the members of the family will be able to enjoy this electric foot massager as it can fit up to men’s size 14. Brookstone is well established american founded company and has been selling its products since 1965 and they are well known for their products’ high-quality, design and functional purpose.
Product summary :
+ Customization : three specific programs to adapt the massage experience to what you are looking for and adjustable pression
+ Heat: available. It will definitely help to get you relaxed
+ Ergonomy : you can fit in your feet, thus the massage can reach every single part of your foot
+ Hygienic : if you enjoyed a bit too much this foot massager with heat and sweat you can always remove the inner fabric and wash it
+ Design: stylish, discreet and classy
+ Air compression : gentle and effective massage technology
– Timer : not available
– Size: as you need to fit in the whole foot to enjoy this home foot massager, larger feet and big sizes won’t find it comfortable
4. uComfy Shiatsu Electric Foot Massager with Heat
This stylish, “bubble looking” electric foot massager from uComfy is really light and can be carried around with no problem. It also has four feet on the bottom for more stability. The preconfigured length of the massage in this unit is 15 minutes : the perfect daily relaxation moment, it starts from 15 and acts like a countdown.
The menu bar is pretty intuitive and easy to use on this automatic foot massager : power button, kneading, less intensity, more intensity and heat. The kneading function acts to imitate a hand massage by changing continuously direction and provide you with the most realistic foot massage experience as opposed to the vibration function; that is more constant and regular.
As for the “strength” of the massage, you can choose between 5 different levels : we would suggest to raise gradually the intensity as you go and stop at that point where you bare the firm massage and don’t over do it. The heat feature is a much appreciated one as it allows a gentle sensation of heat surrounding your feet. This home foot massager really has it all hanks to the heat, vibration, kneading, intensity, timer and removable inner cloth. The only extra accessory that might be missing is a remote control.
Product summary :
+ Heat: available
+ Timer : 15 mins countdown. It’s the generally recommended session span.
+ Customization: five different levels of vibration are available
+ Kneading: to get you as close as possible to a real (hand) foot massage
+ Removable inner cloth
– No remote control
5. Medi-Rub Electric Foot Massager 2000 Plus
Aesthetically, this unit is not the most sexy one, but in fairness, it has been conceived in 1976 and has been available the market ever since! Such a longevity can not be a coincidence: it has an oscillating action that penetrates the muscle layers, improving the blood circulation in your feet and lower limbs. The stimulation generated by the Medi-Rub electric foot massager can help to relieve heavy legs and aching feet, helps to eliminate swelling and relieves leg cramps.
The device has only 2 levels of speed and is flat, which means that the physical contact only happens with the bottom part of the feet and the edges if you rub your feet against the machine and this make this device more suitable for people with sensitive feet or specific conditions such as diabetes (in the latter case, please still ask advise to your specialist). It is actually indeed advised to rub your toes, arches and heels against the arch bar for better stimulation of the nerves endings. As usual, especially if you suffer from any medical condition, the recommended time of use is about 15-20 minutes. As this home foot massager is flat, you won’t have any problem to fit in and anybody can use it (even with swollen feet or very large sizes) and is suitable for people with neuropathy, diabetes and plantar fasciitis – always ask your doctor beforehand.
Note as well that if you do not have any sensitivity problem or special condition, the newer improved version of this electric foot massager has been released on the market under the name of MediMassager and offers up to 11 speeds. As per the manufacturer, it’s the most powerful device offered to the public : it varies from 1,000 to 3,700 RPM.
Product summary :
+ Therapeutic technology : the oscillating action is there to stimulate as many nerves ending as possible in the foot and aims to reach the ones in the legs too
+ Inclination: the product is designed to achieve the most comfortable foot position when sitting and using it
+ Safety: good to use for people with diabetes and neuropathy (with medical agreement)
– Design: very plain. It looks like a medical device rather than a relaxation one
– Price: this home foot massager has a quite high price but it’s justified by its therapeutic use
– Timer: as the manufacturer recommends this unit to people with medical conditions, it would have been great is they added a timer not to overuse this foot massager
We hope that this article helped you in your choice of getting an electric foot massager. Remember, these are the most popular ones, but you’ll find home foot massagers for all needs and all budgets on the market. Having an automatic foot massager is real advantage for people that are standing on their feet during hours, that practice an activity that demands a lot from the feet (jogging, hiking etc..), that have blood circulation problems and heavy legs or simply the ones that enjoy a foot massage session.
The main questions you should ask yourself before getting an electric foot massager are:
– How will I use this ? Do you want daily massage because you stand up all day long and your feet are aching or do you want a once-in-while massage as a treat. According to your answer and needs you can opt for a powerful and sophisticated device or a simple and easy to use one. We don’t all have the same needs and budgets, so spending according to your needs and financial means is a wise decision and this should guide your choice. Will you share it with your hubbie or wifey ? Then consider that the home foot massager machine will be used twice as much ! Hence you should be looking for a high quality, reliable and sustainable device to last in the long run. When people underlook their utilization and opt for entry-level units and expect the moon they are obviously disappointed and frustrated: this is called time and money wastage, so you need to be perspicacious and realistic on your needs and what are you are looking for.
– What am I looking for ? Are you looking to improve your blood circulation thanks to an electric foot massager, do you have a special condition or are you looking for a device for a relative of yours. It’s great to understand what you truly need to choose the best option possible for you. Some devices cover the whole foot, some are plank-like, some try to massage the maximum with articulated hands. It’s also in your interest to understand if you want to involve more the calf part, in this case, foot and calf massager can be considered. Also, be careful if you are picking an automatic foot massager for a dear relative with specific conditions (Fasciitis, neuropathy, diabetes) : the devices can be a great help to relieve the daily soreness but must be chosen with attention and in severe cases a discussion with the doctor beforehand is a good idea.
– Is it worth the investment ? Electric foot massager for all budgets are available: a standard entry level will be great if you just want to indulge in some massage from time to time but if you require more assistance from a specialist and you feel like the results provided by a good electric foot massager help to achieve the same results at home then yes, it’s totally worth it.
Get familiar with the features when considering to purchase one:
Heat: this feature is really the cherry on the cake. That’s what is going to bring this overall overwhelming feeling of wellness as heat will be diffused from your feet to the rest of your body. It’s not always necessary as a good and effective foot massage will totally be enough during warm days but for that moment of the year when you are running to get inside and get comfortable this feature will make a well appreciated difference.
Vibration: usually you won’t find it called like that as manufacturer (and users) will consider that an electric foot massager will be vibrating as per se, but if you are looking into the details, vibration is a constant, flat mode that you can only vary through intensity. It will feel more like an artificial massage but still it will stimulate your feet quite well.
Kneading: this is the second massage method next to vibration. Kneading will be more assimilated to a real massage because of the change of direction. It can be mistaken for a real hand massage.
Ergonomy: we saw that essentially there are three type of home foot massager shapes : the flat ones, the ones that will reach also the side of your feet and the “full wrap” ones. Up to you to decide which one to go for (feet’s size and sensitivity will be a key factor to consider here).
Customization: it’s great to be able to choose the intensity level of your massage; the area to target, whether you want heat or not and the speed.
Timer: this is really to be picky, but you have to be conscious that you can’t use your unit forever and abusing a foot massage session will make you lose its benefits if not worse by creating some problems. The recommended time is about 15-20 mins. If you do it daily or very often don’t go over this time span. If you have no particular health problems and enjoy this pleasure more rarely you can treat yourself to a longer session.
Electric foot massager are great devices and can benefit many people in different situations. They are beneficial for the health in most of cases and just bring a little relaxation time in others but in any case it’s a purchase that most likely you won’t regret. Sharing with partners and close relatives is recommended.
If we really had to choose one, we would probably go for Brookstone 839379 Shiatsu Electric Foot Massager with Heat : it’s really stylish, effective, convenient and with all the feature you’d ask from an electric foot massager.